Edgar F. Johnson started his mail-order parts business in 1923, in his Wisconsin bedroom. He moved into manufacturing parts, then into making whole radios. He gained a reputation for making sturdy, reliable gear which could take commercial 2-way use.
Today’s E.F. Johnson is a leading maker of Project 25- compliant digital radios for public safety and military applications. It was purchased in 1997 by software manufacturer Transcrypt International. In 2005, its headquarters moved to Irving, Texas
E. F. Johnson Co.
7070 Tenth Ave., SW
Waseca, Minnesota 56093